This site is run by users. There are lots of sites with basic medical facts about mental health on them, but that’s not what this site is. This site is for living stories from people who are either living with, or helping someone else through, poor mental health. This is your chance to share your story and what you have learned.
To submit content, you need to be logged in. That’s just so that we can link your content to your username. If you are not logged in right now, you will see the log in form below. If you are logged in, you will see the submit content form.
You can post anonymously using only a username. The sign up form also asks for your country – this is because medical and social situations are very different in different countries and this may affect your story. (e.g. if you mention a service that’s only available in your country, users from other countries need to know that).Please log in or sign up to contribute content.
IDEAS FOR WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT
- Tell your own story! (others have done so here)
- Self-care and self-help suggestions
- Advice for friends and family of people with mental health conditions on how they can provide effective support to their loved ones, both on a day to day basis and in crisis situations
- What does it feel like to suffer from poor mental health symptoms? (It would be good to have some real life explanations of this to help break down stereotypes and help those with no experience of it to understand what it really means and how mental health symptoms really affect you)
- Advice on how to navigate medical and social support organisations to get the treatment you need
- Providing a few fun distractions to cheer us all up (a big part of self-care and self-help) in the form of funny videos, memes, GIFs and music
- Your own ideas! (Write some – or if you would like us to add another dot point to this list to help potential writers, please fill in the contact form here.)
HOW IT WORKS
This site is run by its users, and to function it needs lots and lots of things written by ordinary people like you! If you have a story to tell about mental health, or advice or information to share about it, PLEASE CONTRIBUTE by writing a post and submitting it using the form above. It could be about your own mental health or about your experience of supporting someone else with a mental health condition – but it must be based on your own lived experience.
We’re also looking for a site name – vote or make suggestions here!
WHO FUNDS THIS SITE?
Us! And it works better if we pay for a proper web host, so if you’d like to contribute, please click here. If contributions exceed the cost of running the site, the excess will be donated to mental health charities (charity suggestions welcome).